May 9, 2009

Birds Galore


Today I again spent several hours out in the WLR I know big surprize. I am begining to wonder if maybe I should have my mail sent out there instead as it feels I am there much more than I am home. My main goal for today was to capture a shot of a new bird I have stumbled across in the marsh the other day when I did not have my camera along rule #1 always have your camera.Luckily this was not a lesson learned and I was able to spot one out again it is named the Sora (pictured below). My other challenge was to get as close as possible to the Pelican's which is a challenge in itself but I was able to get a half way decent shot with significant cropping to the image so getting closer still poses as a challeng to me.

1. Sora

2. This is either the Common Tern or the Forster's Tern not sure
3. American White Pelican

4. Yellow Goldfinch
5,6,and 7. Tree Swallow






8. Killdeer




Thanks for looking hope you enjoyed
Chad




1 comment:

Jim, "Homer" said...

I get a great deal of enjoyment just being outside shooting and when I hit the wildlife refuge or local ponds it's great to just walk around and see what's out there.

These are nice shots, but as you stated in your post at Mpix they do seem soft. Are you using a single focus point for these?